Since you’re likely adding a choker or two to your collection this summer, I wanted to share a quick trick with you to get double the wear: turn your choker necklace into a bracelet. And it’s so easy. Just wrap the choker around your wrist (for me, it loops around my wrist twice) and secure the clasp.
Can you wear a chain as a bracelet?
We love the idea of wearing your necklace as a bracelet as well. … Simply take the necklace and for some of them, you will want to unclasp it to get it to lay just how you want. Then wrap it around your wrist until you have reached the desired tightness of the bracelet.
Can you wear a necklace everyday?
“You can potentially damage your jewelry by constantly wearing it, but there are no major health risks to wearing jewelry every day, which includes sleeping and showering,” she says (unless you’re wearing costume jewelry, but we’ll get to that later).
When should you not wear a necklace?
1. When you are wearing a high neckline. If you are wearing a top or a dress with a high neckline, it would be a smart idea to leave the necklace out of the equation. With high necklines, you need to focus on other accessories like earrings and bracelets/ watch, if that’s your thing.
Can you turn a gold necklace into a bracelet?
A gold necklace can be shortened and turned into a bracelet, accompanied by jewels that came from another piece. What this means is, if you don’t like necklaces, you can own a couple of bracelets with a past!
Do you wear a bracelet above or below a watch?
THE BRACELET & WATCH COMBO: How to wear a bracelet with a watch. This is the idea of stacking 1-2 bracelets with your watch on the same wrist. Thin bracelets work well and should sit below your watch – closer to your wrist (near your hand) – instead of on top of your watch (near your elbow).
How do I pick a daily necklace?
Tips for Picking the Perfect Everyday Necklace!
- Strong like Bull! Your Everyday Necklace should be constructed of durable, dependable materials. …
- Keep it simple! …
- An everyday necklace should be one solid, neutral color. …
- Maintenance…as if we don’t have enough to do right?! …
- Let your personality shine through!
Should I take my necklace off when I shower?
All in all, you should remove your jewelry and timepieces before showering to prolong the life and luster of your investment. If you accidentally expose your jewelry to soaps and oils in the shower, quickly rinse it off with plain water and dry thoroughly yet gently with a soft cloth.
What are the jewelry trends for 2020?
5 New Jewelry Trends to Try From the Spring 2020 Runways
- Colorful Jewelry. Getty Images. Forget sticking to gold and silver, designers brought on an explosion of color for Spring 2020’s jewelry. …
- The Single Earring. Getty Images. …
- Oversized Chains. Getty Images. …
- Pearls. Getty Images. …
- Big Hoops. Getty Images.
How do you make a pearl necklace bracelet?
Wrap two, three or four times, graduate the strands, creating a layered look. 5. Wrap it multiple times and wear it as a bracelet. No one will ever know it started as a necklace!
What is a necklace bracelet?
There are two main styles of bracelets and necklaces: metal chains and strings of gemstones or beads. … Bracelets and necklaces made of strings of gemstones or beads feature them in rows or singly, set in prongs or with a string running through their centers.
How do I look good in a necklace?
How to Wear a Necklace (and When Not To)
- Rule 1: Pair a V-neck with a necklace that complements the neckline of the top. …
- Rule 2: Think of a boatneck as a blank canvas, and embellish it with a necklace. …
- Rule 3: When wearing a high neckline, keep the focus on earrings or bracelets.
Should your jewelry match?
“Your jewelry should match perfectly.”
We think the opposite! Choosing multiple metals, contrasting chain textures, varying weights of jewelry brings a whole new dynamic to a look and can really make it pop. Sticking with matching set is just fine if that tickles your fancy.
Should you match your earrings and necklace?
EARRINGS AND NECKLACES: THE PERFECT MATCH. … The key to a successful pairing is stud earrings. Because statement necklaces are large, it’s best to follow an old, but useful rule: opposites attract. By pairing a big necklace with small earrings that don’t dangle or infringe upon the necklace, both items are able to shine.