A towel rack and hooks make a handy way to hang up necklaces and store your bracelets, without them getting tangled up in a jewelry box.
How can I organize my jewelry without a jewelry box?
Consider using a hanging jewelry organizer on a closet door or hang it from your closet rod. Or if you have an Elfa Door & Wall Rack, you can hang jewelry on a Utility Board. You can even use your jewelry as art by hanging it on a series of hooks or rack.
What’s the best way to store your jewelry?
Fine jewelry should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight, and ideally somewhere with low humidity to avoid tarnishing silver. Multi-level jewelry boxes with drawers and dividers are good for storing expensive jewelry and protecting it from dust.
How do you store jewelry at home?
How to Keep Jewelry Safe at Home
- Designate a specific location to store your jewelry. …
- Remove your ring before washing hands or doing dishes. …
- Remove your jewelry while you sleep. …
- Be mindful of family, friends and pets. …
- Keep a jewelry inventory. …
- Get jewelry insurance.
How do you keep necklaces from tangling when storing?
Plastic hangers are perfect for storing statement necklaces (à la BaubleBar). Wrap the necklace around the lower rings of the hanger. Finally, to pack the necklaces without tangling, place each hanger in a thin luggage compartment.
What gets rid of jewelry?
How To Get Rid Of Jewelry Clutter
- Necklaces and bracelets;
- Cufflinks, lapel pins, and/or tie tacks; and.
- Any other type of jewelry you’ve got not already mentioned.
Should you keep jewelry boxes?
Likewise, it is not necessary to keep every jewelry box you have received. People like to hold on to these for sentimental reasons or because the boxes are pretty, which I can understand, but it’s better to keep a few of the very special ones for storage or moving purposes and toss the rest. You won’t miss them!
Is it OK to store jewelry in plastic bags?
Don’t store jewelry in plastic bags. Some plastics emit vapors that can pit and discolor metal and corrode the surface of pearls and certain other gems.
Where do you store expensive jewelry?
Don’t store your jewelry in a drafty cold closet or a hot and stuffy attic. Store your jewelry at room temperature out of direct sunlight. Pick a location that maintains a consistent low humidity to help prevent premature tarnishing and discoloration.
Where should you keep jewelry safe?
Places to Hide Your Expensive Jewelry
- Cleaning Supplies & Kitchen Pantry. …
- Inside of a Closet. …
- In a Hollowed Door. …
- Air Vents. …
- Inside of a Soccer Ball. …
- Loose Bricks Surrounding a Fireplace. …
- Wall Outlet Storage. …
- Wall Baseboards.
How do you store jewelry long term?
How to Store Your Fine Jewelry
- Find the right environment for storing your jewelry. If you want to store jewelry long-term, the attic or basement may not be the best option. …
- Select a jewelry box with a fabric lining. …
- Store like-materials together. …
- Use anti-tarnish strips. …
- Invest in a safe or safety deposit box.
How do you store necklaces in a jewelry box?
Since long necklaces have a tendency to tangle easily, it’s best to organize them by hanging them from pegs or hooks. Sort them by color and style, then hang them somewhere easily accessible, like the inside of your closet door or beside your mirror.
How do you move jewelry without it getting tangled?
How to Pack Necklaces Without Tangling When Traveling – 10 Simple Methods
- 1 – Use a Travel Jewelry Box.
- 2 – Use a Travel Jewelry Roll Organizer.
- 3 – Use a Pill Case Organizer.
- 4 – Use Straws for Necklaces.
- 5 – Use Plastic Wrap for Necklaces.
- 6 – Use Hangers for Larger Statement Necklaces.
- 7 – Use a Washcloth.