Check That Your Courier Can Deliver Jewellery | Finally, it’s best to make sure that your courier can actually deliver jewellery in the first place. While most couriers will do this without trouble, others may have a cap on the value that they can deliver through standard service.
Can I send Jewellery by courier?
Coin, bullion, platinum, precious stones, Jewellery, government currency notes or bank notes and articles of gold or silver may be sent by post only in insured letters, insured parcels.
Can I send jewelry by FedEx?
When you’re shipping high-value jewelry items, you need expert shipping. That’s why we offer FedEx Declared Value Advantage. This service allows eligible customers to declare a value of up to USD $100,000 on jewelry, gemstones, and precious metals (normally limited to USD $1,000*).
How do you ship jewelry safely?
How to Ship Jewelry: Shipping Jewelry Safely and Cheaply
- Stay Organized. When shipping jewelry, proper organization is crucial. …
- Secure the Jewelry. …
- Place the Jewelry Safely in Boxes or Pouches. …
- Wrap the Box or Pouch Securely. …
- Layer the Shipping Box. …
- Seal Up the Box. …
- Keep the Box Unmarked. …
- Request Signature Upon Delivery.
Can you send jewelry through DHL?
DHL Restricted Items
The following items are restricted within the United States: … Jewelry (Valued over US$100, including watches) Negotiable Instruments. Precious Metals and Stones.
Can you send jewelry overseas?
The higher quality materials hold up better to the harsh treatment international shipments commonly receive from postal services in other countries. Be sure to use discreet packaging as well when shipping jewelry internationally. … A perfectly delivered piece of jewelry is worth the few extra pennies in quality material.
What can you not send via FedEx?
FedEx Prohibited Items
- All commodities valued over US$20,000 without approval.
- One-of-a-kind/irreplaceable articles such as artwork valued over US$500,000 each.
- Flammables with a flash point of 140 degrees Fahrenheit or less.
- Auto parts with fluids in them.
- Fine art.
- Fine jewelry.
- Pornography/obscene material.
How much is insurance with FedEx?
FedEx Insurance Costs:
|Value of contents||FedEx Insurance cost|
|Up to $100||$0|
|$100.01 – $300.00||$3|
|Every additional $100 value over $300||$1|
What is the cheapest way to ship jewelry?
Of all the services that USPS offers, the cheapest option for jewelry shipments will be USPS First Class Package Service. First Class Package rates are based on how much the package weighs and how far it needs to travel. Typically, shipments range anywhere from $3 to $5 depending on how far away you’re sending it.
What is considered fine jewelry?
The term “fine jewelry” is used for any jewelry that is made from precious metals such as gold, silver, or platinum. Fine jewelry typically uses genuine gemstones like diamonds, sapphires, rubies, or emerald. Fine jewelry is durable and made to last. As a result, it can be worn every day.
How much does it cost to ship a diamond ring?
Shipping a $5,000 diamond ring through UPS with insurance might cost you as much as $60. USPS Registered is about $10. USPS is slow if you”re shipping cross country, but for relatively “local” packages (say less than 1,000 miles) we”ve seen things take as little as 2-4 days…
Can I mail a ring in an envelope?
Pens, pencils, key rings, bottle caps, and other similar odd-shaped items are not permitted in letter-size or flat-size paper envelopes unless they are wrapped within the other contents of the envelope to streamline the shape of the mailpiece and prevent damage during postal processing.
What is the best way to ship expensive jewelry?
First, wrap your jewelry in bubble wrap and put it inside a small box or padded envelope. Finish it off by placing that package inside a slightly larger box or padded envelope.
How do you pack jewelry for travel?
Packing jewelry step-by-step
- Use a jewelry roll for valuable pieces. …
- Organize small items with a pill case. …
- Thread necklaces through a straw or cardboard roll. …
- Keep items secure and separate with re-sealable kitchen wrap. …
- Hook earrings through buttons or foam. …
- Wrap pieces individually in packing paper or zip-top bags.
How do you pack a travel necklace?
How to Pack Necklaces When Traveling – 10 Simple and Resourceful Methods
- 1 – Use a Travel Jewelry Box. …
- 2 – Use a Travel Jewelry Roll Organizer. …
- 3 – Use a Pill Case Organizer. …
- 4 – Use Straws for Necklaces. …
- 5 – Use Plastic Wrap for Necklaces. …
- 6 – Use Hangers for Larger Statement Necklaces. …
- 7 – Use a Washcloth.