How do I take Jewellery pictures with my iPhone?
Hold the camera at the sweet spot —probably 4” or so from the jewelry with an iPhone, too close, and the camera can’t focus. Don’t zoom in by enlarging the view on your screen, it degrades the picture. Instead, move the camera in closer or crop the photo when editing.
How do you take good pictures of jewelry?
How to photograph jewelry
- To take the right type of photo, use a macro lens. If you have purchased a DSLR or Mirrorless camera you would no doubt have a kit lens included. …
- Use a sturdy tripod to avoid camera shake. …
- Light your jewelry evenly and thoroughly. …
- Select the correct aperture and ensure everything is in focus.
What is the best camera for jewelry photography?
TOP 11: Best Cameras for Jewelry Photography
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III (about $1,399)
- Canon EOS 70D (about $829)
- Canon EOS Rebel T7i (about $749)
- Nikon D800 (about $2,200)
- Nikon Coolpix P900 (about $540)
- Nikon D7200 (about $803)
- Sony ALPHA SLT-A77 (about $1,530)
- Sony ALPHA SLT-A65 (about $750)
How do you photograph jewelry without reflection?
Eliminating reflections is a trial-and-error process when it comes to jewelry. As previously mentioned, placing a paper around and at the bottom of your camera lens will help block off reflections and bounce more light back towards your subject.
How do you photograph shiny gemstones?
To exhibit a gemstone’s best color, lighting should be diffused rather than direct. Diffused lighting scatters light, softens shadows and provides uniform lighting. This can be achieved by placing a translucent white glass, plastic, or cloth between the light source and the gem.
What is the best color to display jewelry?
Black is a good choice for most primary colors, but some grey metal tones such as gunmetal can start to disappear. There’s a reason most published material is done on a white background. White is often considered a non-color and provides negative space.
How do you sparkle jewelry in pictures?
Jewelry Photography Tips: How to Make Jewelry Sparkle in Photos
- Balance between soft light and hard light. …
- Instead of using on-camera flash, use a separate light source like multiple LEDs in one fixture, and position it near your camera. …
- Avoid mixing different light sources. …
- Sparkler lights can add glitter to your diamonds.
How many megapixels do I need for product photography?
Many product photography companies will ask about your camera megapixel count. Any option with a resolution between 40MP to 100MP + is perfect for large commercial projects.
How do you shoot product photos?
Recommended DSLR Settings for Product Photography:
- Don’t use a wide angle lens. You will distort your product.
- Use the right aperture for the right shot. A wide aperture like f2. 8 or f4. …
- Use the correct white balance. When shooting, you should set it to the same Kelvin temperature as your lights.
How do you take a good diamond ring picture?
Sometimes you just have to share it — make sure you take a great shot.
- Light it right. …
- Find the angle. …
- Mani up. …
- Relax your hand. …
- In the background. …
- Forget the flash. …
- Don’t zoom. …
- Filters are your friend.