gem files your app uses in vendor/cache . Running bundle install will prefer gems in vendor/cache to gems in other locations. For older versions of rake, the command could be bundle show
Where are my local gems installed?
When you use the –user-install option, RubyGems will install the gems to a directory inside your home directory, something like ~/. gem/ruby/1.9. 1 . The commands provided by the gems you installed will end up in ~/.
What does gem install bundler do?
Bundler provides a consistent environment for Ruby projects by tracking and installing the exact gems and versions that are needed. Bundler is an exit from dependency hell, and ensures that the gems you need are present in development, staging, and production. Starting work on a project is as simple as bundle install .
How do you install a bundler?
- Select Tools | Bundler | Install Bundler from the main menu.
- Press Ctrl twice and execute the gem install bundler command in the invoked popup.
- Open the RubyMine terminal emulator and execute the gem install bundler command.
Where do I put Gemfile?
A Gemfile describes the gem dependencies required to execute associated Ruby code. Place the Gemfile in the root of the directory containing the associated code. For instance, in a Rails application, place the Gemfile in the same directory as the Rakefile .
How do I know if gem is installed?
Try gem list to get the list of gems that are installed. To test for a particular gem, you can use -i with a regex: gem list -i “^gem_name$” . (Credit to Timo in the comments for this technique.) If you can’t find data_mapper, it may be that the gem name is different from what you expect.
How do I install a specific version of a gem?
Use `gem install -v`
You may already be familiar with gem install , but if you add the -v flag, you can specify the version of the gem to install. Using -v you can specify an exact version or use version comparators.
Is bundler a gem?
Bundler: a gem to bundle gems.
How do I fix a run bundle to install missing gems?
- Step One: Install Bundler. Open a terminal window on a computer connected to the internet and cd to the application directory, then, enter the following at the command line. $ gem install bundler.
- Step Two: Install Required Gems. Ask bundle to install all the gems specified in the Gemfile to your application.
How do I run bundles?
Setting up Bundler
- Open a terminal window and run the following command: …
- Navigate to your project root directory.
- Install all of the required gems from your specified sources: …
- Inside your app, load up the bundled environment: …
- Run an executable that comes with a gem in your bundle:
What to do after installing bundles?
While installing gems, Bundler will check vendor/cache and then your system’s gems. If a gem isn’t cached or installed, Bundler will try to install it from the sources you have declared in your Gemfile. The –system option is the default. Pass it to switch back after using the –path option as described below.
How do I install a specific bundler?
How to update the bundler version in a Gemfile. lock
- Install the latest bundler version: gem install bundler Fetching bundler-2.1.2.gem Successfully installed bundler-2.1.2 1 gem installed.
- Update the bundler version in you Gemfile.lock : bundle _2.1.2_ update –bundler.
How do I gem a vendor?
How to Vendor Gem a Gem
- Install a gem into your Gemfile.
- run bundler: bundle install.
- Unpack it. …
- This will put it into the root dir of your Rails application so now move it to vendor/gems: mv anemone-0.7.2 vendor/gems.
- Go into your gem file and modify the line: …
- run bundler again: …
- Git add / commit / push.
How do I specify a gem version?
There are several ways to specify gem versions: Use a specific version: gem “name-of-gem”, “1.0” . You can find specific versions on Rubygems.org (provided that’s the source you”re using) by searching for your gem and looking at the “Versions” listed. Use a version operator: gem “name-of-gem”, “>1.0” .
How do I play a GEM file?
ThunderSoft GemPlayer is a free video player which supports password protected and DRM protected media files(GEM file) and many other common media files. It is powerful that can play all the most popular video/audio/image format. And it is the only player which can play GEM file, an encrypted media format.
Is rails a ruby gem?
The interface for RubyGems is a command-line tool called gem which can install and manage libraries (the gems).
|Stable release||3.2.20 / 11 June 2021|