Since the last addition of Terminal 4 to Changi Airport in 2017, on Wednesday 17th April 2019, the world best airport just got even better with its highly-anticipated new attraction – Jewel. The magnificent Jewel spanning over 1.4 million square feet located in the centre links to the three terminals.
What terminal is the waterfall in Changi Airport?
Housed inside a toroidal, or doughnut-shaped, glass and steel structure designed by noted architect Moshe Safdie, Jewel Changi Airport is adjacent to Terminal 1 and sits on airport real estate that was formerly a parking lot. The striking new structure now covers more than 1.46 million square feet.
How do I get to Jewel waterfall?
By Train. Take the Mass Rapid Transport (MRT) to the Changi Airport Station (CG2). Upon exiting the station (CG2), Jewel is accessible via link bridges located at level 2 of Terminals 2 and 3. Take a train to the Tanah Merah (EW4) station and cross the platform to transfer to an Airport-bound train.
What is the waterfall in jewel called?
Standing 40 metres tall with water cascading down from the dome-shaped roof of Jewel Changi Airport (Jewel), the HSBC Rain Vortex is the world’s tallest indoor waterfall.
Where is Changi jewel located?
This article is written like a travel guide rather than an encyclopedic description of the subject.
|Jewel Changi Airport|
|Address||78 Airport Boulevard, Singapore 819666|
Is entry to Jewel Changi free?
Free entry to Canopy Park with any purchase from Jewel!
No minimum spend required. Offers end on 30 September 2020.
Do we need to pay to enter Jewel Changi?
The attractions at level 5 will have four features you can explore for free and another five activities that are ticketed, with prices starting from S$7.20 to S$19.80. But first, to access the park, there is an entrance fee of S$4.50 for Singapore residents. The standard admission rate is S$5.
Is it safe to go Jewel Changi?
1) Jewel Changi Airport is taking additional precautionary measures to give our guests a safe and comfortable shopping & dining experience. Temperature screening will be conducted at entry points during the mall’s main operating hours. 2) Temperature screening for all staff before the start and end of each shift.
What can you do at Jewel free?
Free Things to do at Jewel Changi airport
- Jewel waterfall light and sound show.
- Walking around the Shiseido Forest Valley.
- Window shopping.
- Enjoying the vibe, free entertainment and music.
How do I spend a day at Jewel?
How to spend a day at Jewel Changi Airport
- 10AM: Arrive at Jewel and take in the sights.
- 12PM: Savour a hearty lunch at exciting F&B concepts newly-introduced to Singapore.
- 2PM: Shop at stores you should not miss.
- 4PM: Go on an adventure at the Canopy Park.
- 6PM: Your last stop before dinner at the Changi Experience Studio.
Where is the world’s largest indoor waterfall?
The 40-metre-tall Rain Vortex – the world’s tallest indoor waterfall – is the centrepiece of Singapore’s soon-to-open Jewel Changi Airport, designed by Moshe Safdie’s architecture firm.
Where is the largest indoor waterfall?
Thousands of people are flocking to a new extension of Singapore’s Changi Airport, to see the world’s tallest indoor waterfall. The Rain Vortex is seven storeys tall, and pumps 500,000 litres of rainwater through the roof of the Jewel building – that’s a fifth of the volume of an Olympic-sized swimming pool.
Which terminal is Jewel Changi Airport most closely seamlessly linked to?
Jewel is connected to the Arrival Hall of Terminal 1, and linked to Terminals 2 and 3 by link bridges. A free airport shuttle bus service plies between Terminal 4 and Terminal 3.
Why is it called Jewel?
In part from the English word jewel, a precious stone, derived from Old French jouel, which was possibly related to jeu “game”. It is also in part from the surname Jewel or Jewell (a derivative of the Breton name Judicaël), which was sometimes used in honour of the 16th-century bishop of Salisbury John Jewel.
Is Jewel Changi Airport wheelchair friendly?
Wheelchairs and strollers are available for loan* for added mobility when you explore Jewel. Available at the Concierge counters on L1, L2 and L5. Please note that some attractions are not accessible to wheelchairs or strollers.
Can transit passengers visit Jewel Changi?
3. Can transit passengers visit Jewel? We recommend transit passengers to cater for at least 5 hours of transit time to comfortably visit and experience Jewel. All passengers are reminded to check in for their departing flights at least 2 hours before their flight departure time.