If you want a chain that sits on the collarbone (or you want the pendant to hang over a crew neck) choose an 18″ necklace. Opt for a 20″ necklace to fall just below the collarbone or if you plan to wear it over a turtleneck. A 22″ necklace will fall at or just above the top of your bust and is a popular choice.
How long should a pendant necklace be?
Standard (or princess) length necklaces (usually 45cm or 18″) are the most commonly worn length and will suit most situations. If you’re looking for a necklace or pendant to wear day to day, then this is likely to be your go-to length.
Where do you wear a pendant?
Pendants usually look good when worn outside t-shirts. Plain t-shirts especially can be spruced up with the presence of a decorative pendant just outside the shirt. This is a simple, minimal look that can be flattering on most people. Wear a pendant with a v-neck.
What is the best size chain for a pendant?
For most men shopping for a chain necklace, get one that is 50 cm (20”) in length and 2-6 mm in width. If you’re adding a pendant, shop for a 55-60 cm (22-24”) necklace and 4-6 mm width.
What is the most flattering necklace length?
A quick way to figure out the perfect necklace length is to measure the extended length of the necklace you wear most often (or the clasped length, then double it). That’s likely the most flattering length for you, or the one that works best with your wardrobe. FOR WOMEN: 14 inches: Placement – Tightly around the neck.
Should I get a pendant for my chain?
A pendant can work like any accessory or fashion item. It draws the eye towards you, so it makes sense it should attract attention to the parts of your body you feel most comfortable with or accentuate your best features. You can also choose a chain based on the shape of your face or body type.
What is the average size necklace for a woman?
Standard women’s necklace lengths are 16 to 20 inches, but different chain lengths are appropriate for different styles and outfits.
When should you not wear a necklace?
1. When you are wearing a high neckline. If you are wearing a top or a dress with a high neckline, it would be a smart idea to leave the necklace out of the equation. With high necklines, you need to focus on other accessories like earrings and bracelets/ watch, if that’s your thing.
What can you do with a pendant?
15 Fun Ways to Upcycle Broken Necklaces
- Broken necklace chains to hoop earrings. …
- DIY gemstone hair pins. …
- Necklace pendant phone case. …
- Rhinestone sweater from a repurposed necklace. …
- Headband from a broken necklace. …
- Necklace chain ring and bracelet. …
- Necklace pendant clutch. …
- Fabric wrapped bangles with necklace rhinestones.
How do you wear a large pendant?
If you’re wearing a big pendant, you should accent it with things that are smaller. Stick to simple arm jewelry – like a small bracelet band and a minimal amount of rings. Most importantly, don’t put on those hoops or dangly earrings you love.
Can you put a pendant on any chain?
For you to be able to wear a pendant or charm, you will need a chain that can withstand the weight of the charm, but not over-power the charm at the same time. Box chains or wheat chains make the perfect type of pendant chains.
What type of chain do you put a pendant on?
A simple chain like a snake or curb is likely to complement a modern and contemporary pendant. It is better as it will provide a clean, unfussy silhouette. Traditional and more elaborate pendant designs might be better suited to a trace or belcher chain with a more noticeable link.
What is the strongest chain style?
The strongest styles of chains are made up of interlocking links that do not have a bending point, and won’t break in twisting or folding. Cable, curb, mariner, Figaro, and rope are just some of the strongest chain styles, especially if they are thick.
How do I pick a daily necklace?
Tips for Picking the Perfect Everyday Necklace!
- Strong like Bull! Your Everyday Necklace should be constructed of durable, dependable materials. …
- Keep it simple! …
- An everyday necklace should be one solid, neutral color. …
- Maintenance…as if we don’t have enough to do right?! …
- Let your personality shine through!
How do I pick the right necklace?
Top Tips For Choosing The Right Necklace
- Think about your neck size. It is generally recommended that you take the time before buying a necklace to measure your neck. …
- Take into account your height. A necklace can make or break an outfit: after all, it can be a focal point of everything you are wearing. …
- Necklace design.
Is a 16 inch necklace too short?
Women below 5’4” look best in 16 to 20 inch necklace lengths. … Women who fall between the height of 5’4” to 5’7” can wear necklace of any length. Taller women who are 5’7” or above can wear any length necklace. Longer chain style necklaces look best on taller women as they accentuate a tall frame.